Sunday, 11 September 2011

Review: Burberry Body Perfume Sample


I mentioned on scheine how impressed I was with my Burberry Body Sample. I only found out about it from Fleurdeforce who shared that Burberry Facebook was giving away 45,000 samples for free! When I heard this I dropped my name and address in and forgot about it. I wasn't expecting much, they wouldn't be too extravagant when they have to give away 45,000 of them away would they?

WRONG. I can't even describe this a sample because I genuinely love the bottle. It's perfect to throw in your handbag or even your wallet! It's so discreet and sleek, I am so happy with it. The scent is described as a "fruity composition that begins with notes of fresh green absinthe, peach and freesia. Roses and iris are in the heart, leaning on the base of sandalwood, cashmerean, musk, amber and vanilla.*" Now I am completely useless at describing scents but I will say that it's a gorgeous scent. It can be a little on the strong side if you like to dowse yourself in perfume and it reminds me of some Arab perfumes. However I love that it smells feminine yet sexy. It almost has a mens-perfume note to it which gives a different twist to all the florals.

Would I buy the full bottle? Probably. However I'm not much of a perfume junkie. I'm still wounded by my Marc Jacobs Daisy running out and want to run out and buy another one of that. When I buy perfumes I like just having one, otherwise I'm faffing around about which one to wear and then stressing about why I'm stressing when it's JUST A BLOODY SCENT! It usually ends with me slapping scented talcum powder all over myself while running out, cursing myself for being late due to trying to pick a perfume. Anyway what I'm trying to say is, if I do buy the full version of Body it will be the only perfume I'd use until it runs out, which is a pretty serious ordeal. I prefer having a ~scent~ rather than throwing on whatever perfume I grab out of my endless trays of bottles on my dressing table. BUT THAT'S JUST ME. I highly recommend running to your nearest perfume place and taking a good sniff, having a good spray and then asking everyone to smell you then comment. If all outcomes are good, what's stopping you?

*scent quote from Fragrantica

Buy from here for £42.99 (30ml) or £54.50 (60ml) or £74.50 (85ml)

2 comments:

  1. I ordered this free sample too and was surprised when my friend told me a 'box' was awaiting me at uni, was definitely expecting a little tube! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww man, =(
    I don't have a facebook, and I told two of my friends to do it and one didn't do it and the other said it didn't work or something. I seriously need a facebook just for contests...
    That bottle does look amazing! Wish I had gotten one..
    Bellesme

    ReplyDelete

Drop your comment/query below and I will get back to you! Thanks for reading :D