Monday, 19 December 2011

Review: MAC Blush in Desert Rose

For the past two or three years I have been loyal to my Nars Dolce Vita blush. It's perfect for my skintone and perfect for everyday. I immediately regretted buying this colour because it's actually quite similar to my Nars blush. In hindsight I think I was wrong. Desert Rose is a lot pinker and fresher and the matte texture makes it perfect for every day. The colour is just bright enough for my skintone and it gives a gorgeous flush.

Because it's matte I find it a lot less pigmented than my Nars blush but in a way I love that. It's hard to overdo it but it's very easy to build up and get the desired effect. I use it just outside the apples of the cheeks so that it sculpts and contours them. I think applying blush on the apples of my cheeks make me look like a clown... -.-

If you're looking for a lovely everyday pink blush then I highly recommend this one! It's very easy to wear and just an all-round great colour. I got mine from Duty Free in Dubai for £15.

3 comments:

  1. This looks gorgeous on you! Your blog is just so so pretty hun! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous blush! Going on my wishlist for sure! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even before, I like blushes which are simple yet pretty. I think I’m going to include this blush in my collection! Pretty!
    xo,
    ~Pauline @ Urban Decay Philippines

    ReplyDelete

Drop your comment/query below and I will get back to you! Thanks for reading :D