Saturday, 28 January 2012

Review: Topshop Lipstick in Infrared

Topshop Lipstick - Infrared (£8)

After hearing Zoella rave about this for the 3rd time and also seeing Barbara use it too, I decided I wanted this lipstick in my life. I find most red lipsticks are too blue toned for me and I loved how orange lipsticks looked on people (it looked amazing on Zoe and Barbara!). I have an orange/coral lipstick that I bought two years ago before I went on holiday and it's Tell No One by Rimmel. It was a bit too neon orange for me but Infrared is perfect.

It looks quite scary in the tube, quite a dark, bright orange. However when applied its more of an orange/red lipstick that really brings out the warm tones in the skin. It looks amazing with bronzed skin or coral cheeks and I am seriously loving it. If I wasn't such a scaredy cat about lipsticks I'd wear it every day but it might be a bit much for uni...

The formulation is lovely. I'd describe it as a satin finish by MAC as it's somewhere between matte and glossy. There's no shimmer and it smoothes onto the lips. It's very pigmented but it can be used either sheer or full on. It's definitely worth the price, it feels great on the lips, looks great and lasts quite a long time on as well.

You can get this at all Topshop stores that stock make-up or online (it's not on the site at the moment).
Have any of you tried this? What to do you think?

8 comments:

  1. I love the name of this lipstick, and it's such a nice colour! Really suits you. I want to try out some topshop make-up, I just never know what to get. Maybe I'll try out the lipstick :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a reaaallyyy good colour on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Charlotte: Yes try out the lipsticks! They're great! I also hear good things about the nail polishes :-)

    @Nanna Emma: Oh thank you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. just came across your blog and love it! following <3 xx

    http://harrietbambs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks gorgeous on you, I've always been put off by the brightness of it in the bullet but I might buy it now X

    ReplyDelete
  6. @harriet: yay thank you!

    @charlotte: oooh I hope you do! will look lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful colour!
    I've tried two of the other Topshop shades but neither really suit me x

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love this colour! I have never tried an orange shade before but this has inspired me :) will definitely have to have a look in my local topshop!

    eloise xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Drop your comment/query below and I will get back to you! Thanks for reading :D