Friday, 10 February 2012

Review: Lauren Luke Foundation Brush


Panacea81 was the first youtube guru I subbed to! She is so lovely and I was bedazzled by her sparkling personality. I can't believe it's taken me this long to buy a brush from her but I finally placed an order a few days ago. It's a very personalised business, handled through paypal and then they send it out with a cute little note (I was also seriously loving the envelope!).

The brush is amazing quality. Unbelievably soft bristles, good quality handle and only £6! Shipping to the UK is £1.99 which is very reasonable as it came so fast. My only problem is that if you're used to a normal buffing brush or duo fibre brush you might find this brush a tiny bit more tedious because it is smaller. I find it blends much quicker but I prefer using a bigger brush for my foundation like the Sigma buffing brush. This brush is PERFECT for my Chanel Bronzer though and also would be great for cream highlighter or blusher. I also like it for concealer or applying foundation to problem areas.

Overall it's a fantastic brush. I wasn't totally sold on it being a foundation brush but I still love it! I know Pixiwoo use a similar brush by Louise Young and they always use it with no problem on more liquidy foundations. My foundation is gel based so it doesn't need a great deal of buffing really. I definitely urge you to buy this brush though! I'm tempted to buy the contour brush next as I hear it's the perfect dupe for the MAC 109, and it's only just over a fiver! Perfect!

4 comments:

  1. i watch her youtube videos and when i saw them i assumed they would cost a FORTUNEEEE im so surprised at how cheap they are and they look so expensive!

    ps im having a nail polish giveaway that id love you to check out :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh sounds fabulous!!! I'm in the market for a new foundation brush. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. you should hop on over to our blog and follow us as well!! Can't wait to read more on your blog! :)

    http://www.wyosparkles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i might check this out! im really looking for a foundation brush for my powder foundation so i may try this... i didn't kno lauren luke had a range out! thanks for the post

    xxx

    http://www.unnakednails.com/

    ReplyDelete

Drop your comment/query below and I will get back to you! Thanks for reading :D