Monday, 9 July 2012

Caudalie Beauty Elixir


I fell for the hype a month ago and bought this. I paid £9.90 for it from Feel Unique which I thought was okay but the bottle is actually tiny. Nevertheless I got all excited to spray it and when I did, I nearly spluttered. It smelt EXACTLY like Strepsils Lemon & Honey. Now I don't know about you but I grew up with this scent. I was a sickly child who would get a sore throat basically every few weeks so Strepsils lozenges were my best friend, the lemon and honey one in particular. I don't think it's what I'd like to spray all over my face though.

This aside the spray is quite nice. It is very wet and you have to wait a few minutes for it to sink in. It's not more refreshing than my Fix+ and I didn't find anything too special about it. In conjunction with my new skincare routine at the time it did help with clearing up my skin but I can't say if it was a top player in the part.

I have found a much nicer dupe for this though which I will be posting about soon. What did you think of this? Do you think it's over-hyped? I could never see myself spending £28 (!!!) on the full size!

4 comments:

  1. I've seen so many bloggers talk about this and most reviews I've read have said it's nothing special! Can't wait to hear about the dupe you've found though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do think it's overhyped (and overpriced) for what it is. Sure, it smells divine and it feels refreshing, but I don't think it offers very much in terms of hydration. I would love to hear about the dupe! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, im excited to find out the dupe you found<3 thanks for sharing <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought this by accident before it became beauty-blogger staple, and I really loved it ! The smell is very nice, like peppermint to me, but the real trick to it is to mix a bit of organic face oil after you've sprayed it on your face and gently massage it in. The oil sinks in fast and leaves a glowing face. It's no wonder-product, but it is still so much better than disgusting brands like garnier with their horrible chemicals

    ReplyDelete

Drop your comment/query below and I will get back to you! Thanks for reading :D