Tuesday, 31 July 2012

Elizabeth Arden Eyeshadow Duo in 'Autumn Leaves'


I bought this duo completely blind as I actually found it in TK Maxx. I've always been quite intrigued by Elizabeth Arden as a brand - I love the luxe, expensive feel they have about them as a brand. I got the duo for £7.99 in TK Maxx and assumed by the name "Autumn Leaves" that they'd be some sort of neutral shades.

I was kind of disappointed to see that they were matte shades but I was really happy with the shades. The lighter shade is a peachy shade which is actually quite close to my skin colour so it's really nice to use it on my lids to get rid of darkness. The pigmentation is okay for this shade but it does need to be built up. The darker shade is gorgeous though, a rich chocolate brown which is very pigmented. It is a bit chalky but it's to be expected with matte shades.

I love using these shades for a very simple every day smokey eye and the size makes it great to pop in your make-up bag. The packaging in general is just really nice and I love the mirror too. It's great for travel and touch ups and overall I'm really happy with the duo. However I don't think I would pay the full price for it. It's very pricey and I think you could get better eyeshadows like MAC, Urban Decay, Stila for a similar or even lower price!

8 comments:

  1. there so pigmented but im elergic to this brand.

    http://makeupbyelysa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing that you got it for such a small price, especially with the quality of the eyeshadows! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post! Your blog is lovely by the way! xx

    myprettymummy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant blog, so I followed you. I am really getting into eye shadows these days, and this duo are lovely colours :) Plus, the packaging is gorgeous :) x

    http://domandellie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. so pretty!

    xx, rebecca
    awayinparadise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice product.^^
    Maybe follow each other on BLOGLOVIN and GFC???
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks lovely! I love the name autumn leaves too! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look lovely. Just started following your blog. Would love it if you followed back! :)

    http://deonnep.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Drop your comment/query below and I will get back to you! Thanks for reading :D